Lagos Bus Attendant Arrested By Pollice

Hyacinth Chinweuba

The Lagos police command has arrested a 30-year-old bus conductor identified as Akeem Anthony in Lagos. The arrested man confessed to making over one million naira ever since he started his robbery act.

Anthony, an indigene of Ondo state was arrested with another gang member. The interview he had with news men made his mode of operation more known.

He said, “I am married with two children. I was a bus conductor and I live at Ijegun, Ikotun area of Lagos,” he said.

“I was a member of Eiye confraternity. I was arrested for robbery at Ikotun. I have robbed about five victims since I started and had made over one million Naira.

“We were three in our group, but one of us is dead. This other guy was our motorcyclist. We bought our two locally-made pistols from Abule-Ado area of Lagos for N35,000 each, while a cartridge costs N1,000.

“Since I started robbery, I have never killed anybody and I regret going into it in the first place. I was arrested with my pistols, while I was going out; I was not arrested while in operation.

“I stopped going to school when I was in SSS one. I promise never to do it again.”

Segun Esan, another suspect who is 30 years old said his own side of the story saying he is married with three children. He said he did not know the passenger he carried on his bike was a robber until he jumped off and ran away. It was until he went to the station to collect his motorcycle that he was held down and told he carried a robber.

However, the police said two locally made guns were found on them. They also collected three mobile phones and four catridges. The suspects were paraded with thirteen suspected cultists that were arrested during the process of initiation. One of the suspected cultists was a female.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to activate MTN transfer PIN code

Top ★20★ Ankara short gown styles of 2017