Am not a thief

Am not a thief
stationtvtrueserve@gmail.com Aug 16, 2017 1:36 PM
Am not a thief - Former Minister Diezani finally speaks out
Embattled Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison Madueke has finally broken her silence following several allegations of financial impropriety and embezzlement of government funds levelled against her by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
In a statement released yesterday, Diezani maintains that she never stole Nigeria’s money. The former Minister who is believed to be suffering from cancer said that the anti-graft agency was taking advantage of her silence to try and convict her in the media hence the need for her response.
Recall that the EFCC had alleged that Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former minister of Petroleum Resources, by an order of a Federal High Court has forfeited $153.3 million to the Federal Government.
Diezani’s statement, which was made available to newsmen in Abuja, reads,
Quote
“I wish to state I cannot forfeit what was never mine.
“I do not know the basis on which the EFCC has chosen to say that I am the owner of these funds as no evidence was provided to me before the order was obtained, and they have not, in fact, served me with the order or any evidence since they obtained it.
Let me re-state categorically as I have always maintained, for the record, I have not and will never steal money from or defraud the Federal Government of Nigeria. I am willing to respond to charges brought against me that follow duly laid down procedures,”
she said.
The former Minister also dared the EFCC to without further delay, publish details of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC’s accounts from where the said $153.3 million was taken.
She also said that the report that Italian prosecutors indicted her for sharing in the loot of the $1.3 billion OPL 245 oil block deal, which involved Malabu and the Joint Venture Multinational partners, ENI (AGIP) and Royal Dutch was false.
“I am not a thief, I have never stolen Nigeria’s money” the embattled Minister said.
For a better society
Report a problem.
startiontvtrueserve@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to activate MTN transfer PIN code

Top ★20★ Ankara short gown styles of 2017